Hopco has been supplying Aussie brewers, both Pro and Home, with the best hops from their overseas partners since 2001. For the last 4 years or so, the man in charge of their Sales and Marketing has been Jon Burridge. So when I ran in to Jon at Black Hops Brewing while we were both holidaying, and he said he wanted to jump on my podcast to talk hops, I jumped at the chance.
Jon and I both live in Hobart, so it seemed like a great idea for us to record this interview in my works podcast studio, until we covered it in a mix hop pellets and beer cork remnants…but I digress.
In this episode, among other things, we talk about:
- The benefits of fresh hops;
- Supporting the home brew community;
- Working with brewers to find the perfect hop;
- The latest trends in hops; and
- Dreaming of hop allocations for brewers;
Oh, and, we try to open up a Flanders Red Ale from Crux Fermentation with a Ryobi cordless drill!